Shiatsu is a physical therapy that supports and strengthens the body’s natural ability to heal and balance itself. It works on the whole person – not just with the physical body, but also with the psychological, emotional and spiritual aspects of being. By incorporating knowledge of western sciences and eastern bioenergetic systems of the body, a Shiatsu therapist works towards identifying the roots or cause of a condition.
As a therapy, Shiatsu is versatile and extremely effective at dealing with all types of chronic and acute conditions. Known throughout the world for its regenerative effects, it has been applied within Complementary and Integrative Medical settings and become accepted practice in hospitals in Japan, Austria, Israel, England, Spain as well as some Heart and Cancer Clinics In the United States. Patients experience a deep but relaxing massage done through loose clothing using pressure points (Acupoints). Together with pressure, gentle stretching and joint manipulation Shiatsu stimulates muscle and nerve function, circulatory and lymphatic systems, and organ function.
- Complex acute and chronic pain
- Heart conditions: Arrhythmia, heart palpitation, high and low blood pressure
- Frozen Shoulder, rotator cuff injuries, tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Psycho emotional conditions – Trauma, PTSD, depression, anxiety, phobias and
- fears, anorexia, autism
- Motor Vehicle Injuries – Headaches, migraines, concussions, Insomnia, whiplash
- Digestion Issues: Indigestion, bloating, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome
- Chronic back pain, Disc pain, sciatica, lumbago, scoliosis, kyphosis, sacroiliac
- Sports Injuries, Iliotibial pain syndrome, Meniscus tear, fractures, plantar fasciitis,
- piriformis syndrome
- Cancer – Post surgery scar pain, nausea, fatigue, Lymphedema
- Pre and Post Natal – Nausea, pubic bone pain, hormonal Imbalance, Post term
- Induction, breech babies, Milk Production, post partum depression, Insomnia
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Adrenal Burnout, nervous tics,
- Involuntary muscle cramping
- Auto-Immune Conditions – Common cold, bronchitis, asthma, laryngitis, allergies
Extended Health Coverage:
Some private insurers do offer coverage for Shiatsu. We suggest that a claimant check with their private insurance plan or extended health care coverage first to see if they offer this coverage.