Cathy’s own health journey ultimately led her to becoming an ND. She suffered most of her life with terrible digestive pain. She was tested for a variety of conditions and eventually diagnosed with IBS. Conventional medical treatment was an assortment of drugs which did not help. Cathy found a Naturopathic Doctor who helped turn her life around. And from this, her pursuit from being a chartered accountant to a career in naturopathic medicine began.
She has seen that true health begins in the digestive system and that most ailments are either caused or perpetuated by systemic inflammation. Since 70% of our immune system resides in our gut, it’s a great place to focus in order to make large and sustainable improvements in health. Cathy also appreciates the vicious cycle of sub-optimal digestion and environmental allergies from her own personal experience of eosinophilic esophagitis. As a result, she also works on restoring immune system tolerance in order to reduce inflammation. Once the system has been ‘rebooted’, the body’s signals (uncomfortable symptoms) resolve.
Cathy’s approach to helping you heal is systematic and will include some or all of the following:
- Identification of food intolerances that cause suboptimal digestion leading to systemic inflammation
- Identification of environmental allergies and their cross reactivity over physiological systems
- Bowen therapy to stimulate the body’s healing capacity, restore peripheral and central nervous system function and remodel connective tissue.
- Compounded bio-therapeutic drainage remedies to stimulate detoxification and improve cellular function in sub-optimally performing organs systems
- Sublingual desensitization therapy for allergens
- Herbal and pharmaceutical interventions when required
Cathy has experience treating many conditions:
- Digestive disorders including Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis (UC), IBS, chronic constipation, Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EE), GERD, heart burn, peptic ulcer disease (PUD)
- Immune disorders including environmental and seasonal allergies, asthma, chronic infections, autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA), fibromyalgia (FM) and polymyalgia rheumatica.
- Acute and chronic pain from injuries, post herpetic neuralgia, repetitive stress, herniated discs, osteoarthritis, migraines and headaches
- Hormonal issues including menopausal symptoms, menstrual problems, fibroids, endometriosis, polycystic ovaries (PCOS), diabetes mellitus (DM), metabolic syndrome
- Skin issues including eczema, recurrent HSV infections, chronic recurrent hives, psoriasis, rashes
- Sleep disorders
- Brain issues including brain injury and mood issues
- Cardiovascular issues including high blood pressure, post myocardial infarction recovery, atherosclerosis